Uxbridge, ON – The Golf Ontario Championship Schedule returns to a full slate of events in 2022, showcasing our elite competitions across all championship categories. This is exciting news, and Golf Ontario is pleased to present the qualifiers, championships, and gracious host clubs for the entire 2022 Golf Ontario championship season.
With scheduling challenges related to COVID-19 in 2020 and 2021, Golf Ontario is bringing back many key events in 2022, and adding some exciting new ones. The Ontario Senior Men’s Match Play and separate Bantam (U15) and Juvenile (U17) Championships return for the 2022 season. Also, for the first time since 2009, a women’s division will be offered in the Ontario Public Amateur Championship. Any female players with a Golf Canada Public Player membership or a member of a Type 1 Golf Club (with property) that is not private or member of a Type 2 Golf Club (without property) are eligible to register for the event.
To View The Full 2022 Championship Schedule And Registration Opening Dates, CLICK HERE.
The 2022 schedule will feature 23 provincial championships hosted by member clubs across Ontario. “We are thrilled to be returning to a full lineup of events in 2022. I am proud of the work our team has done to deliver strong championship schedules in 2020 and 2021, in the face of significant scheduling challenges. We know the popularity of golf continues to skyrocket, and we look forward to some amazing events and world class facilities in 2022”, said John Lawrence, Director of Competitions and Performance.
In addition, we continue to ensure that the health and safety of all involved will continue to be our top priority as we adjust COVID-19 protocols accordingly over the upcoming months. “We’re looking forward to the return of warmer weather and getting back on the course to play the sport so many Ontarians have found a passion for,” expressed Golf Ontario Executive Director, Mike Kelly. “We’ve proven over the last two years that golf is safe and we will continue to promote a positive golf experience for our member facilities, players, volunteers, and staff.”
Registration for the 2022 Golf Ontario championship season will begin on Friday, February 18th, with staggered opening dates across the championships. We will continue to make announcements of any additional dates and venues or changes moving forward.
Highlights of the 2022 championship schedule:
- The 2022 Championship season will tee off with the annual Junior Spring Classics, hosted over Victoria Day weekend
- The 100th running of the Ontario Men’s Amateur Championship takes to the prestigious Scarboro Golf and Country Club
- Timberwolf Golf Club will host the 100th running of the Ontario Junior (U19) Boys’ Championship, the first Ontario Junior Championship held at Timberwolf GC since 2014
- The Ontario Summer Games return in 2022 (more information to follow on qualifying)
- Loyalist Golf and Country Club will welcome the 107th Ontario Women’s Amateur Championship just after Canada Day
- South Muskoka Curling and Golf Club, a large supporter of junior golf with high NCAA success, will host their second ever Golf Ontario Championship
- The Ontario Junior (U19) Boys and Girls Match Play Championship will be held by Port Hope Golf and Country Club, which was nominated for the 2021 Golf Digest remodel of the Year Award
- Woodington Lake Golf Club welcomes back the Ontario Disabilities Championship for its fourth annual running (as well as hosting the Ontario Open, a PGA Tour Canada event)
Golf Ontario would like to thank those who have committed thus far to hosting tournaments, and for their continued support heading into the 2022 Championship season. For more information, visit our Provincial Championships page.
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of our Competitions team members listed below:
- Connor Doyle – Coordinator of Competition (905) 852-1101 ext. 229
- Noah Hansen – Tournament Assistant (905) 852-1101 ext. 222
- Rob Watson – Manager of Competitions (905) 852-1101 ext. 223
About Golf Ontario
Golf Ontario is Ontario’s Provincial Sport Organization focused on enhancing participation, elevating performance and supporting the passion of golfers in Ontario. With over 100,000 individual members and 450-member clubs, Golf Ontario is one of the largest golf associations in the world. From rating courses and keeping the integral rules of the game intact, to growing the game at the grassroots level and hosting the best amateur tournaments in Canada, Golf Ontario is a passionate group dedicated to shaping lives through Golf.
Stay Connected on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook: @TheGolfOntario
To stay informed on Golf Ontario’s championship play, events, and additional updates, make sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and like us on Facebook.
For more information please contact:
Assistant, Marketing Communications, Golf Ontario;
Manager, Marketing and Communications, Golf Ontario;